When I was at home last week, I was in charge of picking up the cake for my niece from a local bakery. I called the bakery to receive directions to the business. When the assistant at the bakery picked up the phone, she responded to all my questions with an attitude. I asked all my questions with complete patience and respect. This made me think about the passion that people have towards customers.
I look for first hand assistance and courtesy when I am purchasing items. Someone being disrespectful towards me can be the difference in my buying an item or not. Living in the south, I was raised to always using manners at all times. Even if people made me mad, placed a smile on my face, or totally ignored me I always responded to them with respect and a gentle smile. I have carried this same attitude to college.
It bothers me that many people do not use manners on a regular basis. I honestly believe that having passion behind the counter is the key to a business being successful and maintain relationships with the customers. It is much easier to have a positive attitude rather than a negative one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment