Friday, February 5, 2010

I Am Black History

February is the month that the entire United States is suppose to reflect on the struggle, accomplishments, and the perseverance of African Americans throughout history. However, this year I am focusing on how I can reveal in my daily life that "I am Black History." This is really an interesting topic of discussion.
Many people do not realize how we can really embody and demonstrate the characters of Black History. I believe that simply knowledge of Black History and the sharing of information with others demonstrate your desire to contribute to the past of Black History. However, I think people could do a better job of showing the importance of Black History. For example, the small acts of reading the newspaper daily to acquire hidden knowledge or doing community service once a month because it is the right thing to do. If people remembered the basics of why our history as blacks is so powerful, I think that many issues that occur today would disappear.
I plan on showing that "I am Black History",this year, by reading more books directed towards my personal development, doing more community service that will give back to African Americans, establishing a relationship with God that is unbreakable, and educating others on the history that has been made thus far in BLACK AMERICA.
I honestly believe that 2010 is the year of Victory, transformation, and work. Therefore, my daily life will be an example of my desire to breathe, live, and spread the true reality of BLACK history.

No comments:

Post a Comment