A current event that really grabbed my attention was the incidental shooting of two college students by two Mexican soldiers. This current event is extremely important because the victims were college students. By me being a college student, I imagine that this could have been me or one of my friends that were killed.
As I read the article on CNN.com, I focused on the dialogue used in the article. The author of the article was very apologetic with her dialogue and word usage. The patrol officers accidental shot two innocent students standing on the campus after searching for criminals who shot at the patrol officers. When security becomes careless when entering a campus environment, that is when security is no longer safe.
I continued to read the apology from campus administration to the parents and there are no words that can express the emotional hurt of the parents of the victims, the insecurity that other students feel, and the negative image Mexico's security has created for themselves. I compare this situation to Jasmine Lynn's death on Clark Atlanta's campus. Even though both shootings were not aimed at the victims, its amazing how the incident in Mexico was committed by people who are suppose to make people feel safe. It is amazing how incidents like these happen every year and people seem to refer to these as freak accidents. However, when will it get to a point when society understands that certain situations cause for people to take responsibility for when things go wrong.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment